Monday, October 4, 2021

Behind the Songs: Run And Run

A couple quotes from The Psychedelic Furs on the song "Run And Run".


Tim Butler: "Have you seen the new [videos] yet, 'Run And Run' and 'Sleep Comes Down'? They're gonna start comin' on now. We've just finished them and they've given 'em to MTV. One of them's been played in L.A. or San Diego." (Public News 1983)


John Ashton: "I remember doing demos for that in London and...you know, the chorus, I think, is what sells it. Coming up with the guitar part for that, I think, was a major achievement. [Laughs] It's one of those, like, 'Oh, try this, try that, why don't you try it like this?' And all of a sudden, we had a song. The guitar solo in it I kind of liked. I don't have anything else, really, to say about it. It kind of fits." (Popdose 2012)


No comments:

Post a Comment