Tuesday, June 27, 2023

My Dad's Opinion on Made Of Rain


For Father's Day last week I gave my dad a copy of Made Of Rain and here's how it happened.

So my parents like The Psychedelic Furs and as I mentioned a long time ago on this blog, they saw The Furs live during the Midnight To Midnight tour. Even though my parents like The Furs' music, they don't have all of their albums and aren't familiar with most of their songs. The only albums they had were Mirror Moves and Midnight To Midnight, both on tape. I don't know if my mom listened to the latter, but my dad said he liked it pretty good. Nowadays my dad has the CD of Mirror Moves, a greatest hits album, and Made Of Rain.

Some time last year on days when my dad would be off from work we played either a card game or a board game and while we played we listened to all of my Psychedelic Furs albums (except Mirror Moves since my dad already has it). With The Psychedelic Furs, Talk Talk Talk, Forever Now, Book Of Days, and World Outside my dad liked them okay but not enough to make an impact on him. When we got to Made Of Rain he actually liked it, enough that he wanted to get the album! So I had that ingrained into my head, and as previously mentioned, on Father's Day I got his own copy.

After when my dad listened to the album a couple more times he said to me that he really liked it. I told him there were some long time PFurs fans who complained that Made Of Rain didn't sound like a Psychedelic Furs album, and here's what my dad told me: He said that it does sound like a Furs album and that the music is passionate and played with more heart. With Midnight To Midnight, even though he likes it, he said it felt hollow and The Psychedelic Furs' hearts weren't into it. But with Made Of Rain, the band was into it and put a lot of care and thought onto the album. I totally agree with his statement because the music is absolutely incredible and The Psychedelic Furs definitely gave it their all on Made Of Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment