Saturday, June 3, 2023

My Psychedelic Furs CDs #14


Pretty In Pink: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1986) (A&M CD 3293)

Being a Psychedelic Furs fan, I just had to get the soundtrack of Pretty In Pink. And I'm glad I did, especially since it has the "new" version of "Pretty In Pink". I haven't watched the movie so far, but maybe someday I will.

"Pretty In Pink" is the fifth track and I thought it would be the first track since the movie is supposedly based on the song. I say supposedly because the story of the song is not really about a girl wearing a pink dress.

Here's a note from John Hughes about the music featured in the liner notes:


"The music in Pretty In Pink was not an afterthought.
The tracks on this album and in this film are there because Howie Deutch [director] and I believe in the artists, respect the artists and are proud to be in league with them. Endless thanks to them all and to David Anderle, the best friend and ally anyone venturing into the blur of film music could ever have." – John Hughes.


Track Listing:

1. If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
2. Left Of Center - Suzanne Vega featuring Joe Jackson on piano
3. Get To Know Ya - Jesse Johnson
4. Do Wot You Do - INXS
5. Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
6. Shell-Shock - New Order
7. Round, Round - Belouis Some
8. Wouldn't It Be Good - Danny Hutton Hitters
9. Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo & The Bunnymen
10. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths

No comments:

Post a Comment