Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Update on John Ashton #3


Today on the PFurs Facebook fan page someone shared a post from Satellite Paradiso and their post was an update on John Ashton. It has been over a year since I heard anything about him and his health but thankfully the band had good news. They said that John is officially in remission!! I'm so happy John is doing okay now and I want to congratulate him and his family. I hope there will be brighter days ahead for John and that he will continue to feel better. Wishing him all the best.

On Satellite Paradiso's post they included a message from John Ashton himself.


"June 3, 2024
Dear Friends,
As many of you may know, in June of 2021 I was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. This coming on the heels of Covid was an unwelcome surprise. However, I was lucky enough to receive treatment through MSK in NYC & Westchester.
After 50 doses of radiation, (25 in one treatment, followed by 25 daily radiation treatments over the course of the following five weeks) 2 years of hormone therapy and a daily study medication, I am thrilled to report that the treatment was a success and I am currently in remission.
I could not have done this without the help and support of my family and friends and for them and to you, I will always be truly grateful. I was one of the lucky ones, we have all lost too many friends to this disease.
I really appreciate all the positive messages and my hope is that my experience will give others fuel to carry on the fight.
However, I cannot lie, despite the positive health outcomes, it's been a rough couple years. There has been little to no music or film work during this time and the wolves are constantly at the door. Hopefully this will change and the universe will bring new energy to tap into.
Thanks again for the outpouring of love and support. It has meant the world to me and my family. It has changed my life for the better and for this, I am truly grateful.
Peace
John Ashton"

No comments:

Post a Comment