Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Autumn Tour 2024

Last week The Psychedelic Furs announced new tour dates this Fall and it will be a co-headlining tour with The Jesus And Mary Chain, plus special guest Frankie Rose.

To my delight The Furs are coming back to the Crystal Ballroom in Portland, Oregon on October 30th. The last time The Furs went to Portland was back in 2019, and the last few shows they did in Oregon were in Forest Grove and Jacksonville in 2022, and Eugene in 2023. I'm happy they are returning to Portland, and I'm glad they chose a venue that I'm familiar with. I already bought the tickets and I can't believe it will be my sixth time seeing The Psychedelic Furs, which is so hard to believe.

Although what's disappointing is that my brother is unable to go with me this year. Before the tickets went on sale I texted my brother and asked him if he would like to go with me again and if his fiance would want to go too. If that happened then I would get three tickets for us. My brother replied and said that he would ask his manager at work (my brother works in retail) if he can get the day of the concert and the next day (Halloween) off, and would let me know if he got those days.

Unfortunately my brother replied again and said with that week being Halloween and his store getting ready for Christmas, he would be unable to get those days off. I'm really disappointed it didn't work out, but either my mom or dad will go with me instead. If one of them went, it would be their first time seeing The Psychedelic Furs in 37 years, which is really interesting. They saw The Furs during the Midnight To Midnight tour in 1987.


Last year in Eugene. Photo by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment