Monday, October 4, 2021

Behind the Songs: No-One

A selection of quotes from The Psychedelic Furs on the song "No-One".


Richard Butler: "That was a song that actually came about just before we went in to record [Made Of Rain]. We went to St. Louis twice to record and that was a song Rich Good sent me an idea for. I loved the idea and the title 'No-One' came to me pretty quickly." (Out Of The Box (Q104.3) 2020)


Richard Butler (on the inspiration of the song): "That was something my girlfriend said to me. I forget what particular place it was about, but she said, 'Who wants to go there? No one.'
"It was one of those things she said, and I thought, 'Wow, I like that,' so I just started writing. It's basically a list song with 'no ones' put in there." (Songfacts 2020)


Tim Butler: "That's another one that Richard wrote with Rich, our 'new' guitarist. It went down in a couple of takes after we rehearsed it. It came on pretty strong. When the guitarist actually put a different guitar part on it, it sort of jumped up there as one of my favorite ones on [Made Of Rain]. I think it's one of the most traditionally Psychedelic Furs songs. I think it will be great when we actually do get out to perform live. I think it will be a great live song." (Tower Records 2020)


Rich Good (on being asked what were his favorite songs from Made Of Rain to play live): "'Don't Believe', 'No-One', 'Ash Wednesday'… 'This'll Never Be Like Love'. Again, 'all of them' would be an accurate answer." (Post-Punk.com 2022)




No comments:

Post a Comment