Monday, October 4, 2021

Behind the Songs: No Easy Street

A couple quotes from The Psychedelic Furs on the song "No Easy Street".


Richard Butler (on the songs that stand out to him lyrically on Forever Now): "I always liked the mood of 'Sleep Comes Down' a lot, that was always very dreamy. 'No Easy Street' I also liked a lot. And there was a track that never made it onto the album, called 'I Don't Want To Be Your Shadow,' which I always loved the feeling of as well." (iJamming! 2001)


John Ashton: "I like that one a lot. It's a little schlocky at times for me. Maybe 'schlocky' isn't the right word. It's a song that kind of has to be... When we played it right, it was wonderful, you know? You had to play it... You couldn't play it too fast. You had to play it slow. And at times, the beat would be too fast, and it would just sound like the power had been taken away from it. But great song, kind of more in that 'Sister Europe' vein. Another of my favorites. Slower, moodier, good words, nice chorus, and – appropriately enough – A nice outro." (Popdose 2012)





No comments:

Post a Comment