Monday, October 4, 2021

Behind the Songs: Merry Go Round (Yes I Do)

A couple quotes from The Psychedelic Furs on the song "Merry Go Round", also known as "Yes I Do".


Tim Butler (on the version that appeared on the UK release of Forever Now): "This is the original mix, complete with the more trippy vocal melody and longer fade. At the time I think everyone thought it was too spacey... I prefer it to the album [U.S.] version." (Should God Forget liner notes, 1997)


John Ashton: "My least favorite, I think, just cause...I dunno, I have other tracks that I kind of like better than that one. Again, it fits. I don't really have any memories about it. I know Richard [Butler] went back and re-cut the vocals for it. I think it's one of those songs that we never ended up playing so much live. We did for a while and then kind of dropped it. So it never really developed past that stage where...I remember it being on the record but not being really attached to it in any particular way." (Popdose 2012)



Photo: Marcia Resnick


No comments:

Post a Comment