Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Pretty In Pink Covered by The Coverups (Green Day)

On January 2018 Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and their touring musicians formed a new side project, a covers band called The Coverups, and went out to do some gigs. One day I saw a video of one of the songs that The Coverups performed on YouTube, and to my surprise and excitement, they actually covered The Psychedelic Furs' "Pretty In Pink!" Their cover was really good, and Green Day touring guitarist (and former member) Jason White sang the lead vocals. Though to be honest, I really wished Billie Joe sang "Pretty In Pink" because I would love to hear him sing Richard Butler's words. But still, it was so awesome, especially since The Psychedelic Furs and Green Day are two of my favorite bands. I wonder if Green Day is influenced by The Furs...

Here's the video of The Coverups performing "Pretty In Pink."



No comments:

Post a Comment