Monday, February 11, 2019

My Richard Butler Drawing

Throughout my childhood and early teen years drawing was one of my favorite things to do. I would draw video game and cartoon characters, but mostly I would create and draw my own characters and write my own stories. In my mid teens to early 20s I didn't draw as much as I used to, but once in a great while I would. During that time I drew a bunch of pictures of Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong (13 pictures!) and after when I drew the last Billie Joe picture in 2015, my drawing phase was starting to end. But a year later I drew a picture of Richard Butler, and even though I hadn't drawn for a year, I was pleased with how the Richard Butler drawing looked. A year ago I wanted to draw another picture of Richard, but sadly I had officially lost my drawing skills.

Anyway, here's my drawing of Richard Butler, drawn on September 3, 2016. The star on the bottom right is awry because my pen ran out of ink and I needed to get another one. Still, I'm really happy with how it turned out.



The drawing is based on one of the photos during the photo shoot for the Mirror Moves album cover.

Photo: Brian Griffin


No comments:

Post a Comment