Monday, February 11, 2019

My Psychedelic Furs Vinyl #3



Forever Now (1982) (Columbia PC 38261) (USA LP)


Ah yes, that infamous cover art. As we all know, the original album cover of Forever Now (in England and other countries) had a photo of The Psychedelic Furs that was shot during the filming of the video for "Love My Way" (taken by Graeme Attwood) and was designed by Colin Fulcher (aka Barney Bubbles). However, when Forever Now was going to be released in the US The Furs' American label, Columbia, rejected the original cover art and designed the one pictured above, but without the band's permission. Plus they rearranged the songs in a different order.


Original artwork.


The Psychedelic Furs hated the new cover art. John Ashton thought it was horrible, and when Richard Butler first saw it he actually burst into tears. I bet he hated having to sign his name on that album cover while doing autographs.

The UK cover art is better, but I definitely prefer the US track listing. In my opinion the songs on the American version flow so nicely in that order more than the UK version. On my 2002 remaster of Forever Now, it has the original artwork but the track listing is the one from the US version. They both fit perfectly.


Side One:

1. Forever Now
2. Love My Way
3. Goodbye
4. Only You And I
5. Sleep Comes Down


Side Two:

1. President Gas
2. Run And Run
3. Danger
4. No Easy Street
5. Yes I Do

No comments:

Post a Comment