Friday, March 15, 2024

Blog Of Days: Fifth Anniversary Special [Part 1]


This year is the fifth anniversary of Blog of Days and I want to talk about a couple things to celebrate it. The blog will be in two parts and the first topic I want to write about is how I started getting into blogging.

It happened around the mid to late 2010's and one day I encountered some blog that was about Morrissey. After checking it out it made me want to write about the stuff that I liked (mainly music). In 2017 I started a blog on WordPress and mostly talked about The Psychedelic Furs but I would occasionally talk about the other music I liked, too.

Then in February 2019 I made a Gmail account and I decided to move to Blogger. I deleted my WordPress account and created this blog, but I made it only to be about The Psychedelic Furs. I still talk about other music I liked but the posts have to still be PFurs related. The name Blog of Days is a reference to The Furs' sixth album Book Of Days, and the blog address is "On Tomorrow's Pages", a line taken from the song "Highwire Days".

Ever since starting Blog of Days there are a couple accomplishments that happened which I'm proud of. The first one is in February 2020 I was working on my blog post The Psychedelic Furs: 40 Years of Beautiful Chaos and after writing out everything I accidentally deleted the whole thing. I couldn't undo what I did because whenever you're working on a new post it saves automatically and there wasn't a way I could bring my words back. I didn't know what to do at first and I felt that if I wrote it all over again it wouldn't be as good as when I started out. So I decided to write it out again, and the amazing thing is that I actually remembered 98% of what I wrote because I have a really good memory. The second time turned out to be better than the first after all, and I finally published it. This is one of my favorite blog posts I have ever worked on and I am proud of it.

The second accomplishment is in April 2021 I published a ranking of my top 10 favorite Psychedelic Furs songs and I shared the link on my old Twitter account. A day later when I got on Twitter I noticed I got a lot of notifications and to my excitement I discovered The Psychedelic Furs' official account retweeted my tweet. I remember feeling over the moon and even cried tears of joy. Even though I don't have Twitter anymore (I deleted it after its name changed to X and I felt it wasn't the same after that) I will always never forget that moment. I'm also really fond of my concert posts and my blog page that's filled with tons of quotes from The Furs about their albums and songs. I'm kind of thinking of adding Love Spit Love and Richard Butler's solo album too but I'm not 100% sure. But I'll think about it sometime.

The hardest part about blogging is getting the writers block and being tired mentally and not having the motivation to write, especially since I'm working overnights. But once that inspiration comes (or spark as I like to call it) it is glorious, and whenever I would finish a long post I would feel total satisfaction.

I guess that pretty much covers it for part 1 and I hope you all enjoyed reading. Stay tuned for part 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment