Monday, May 8, 2023

Update on Mars Williams

Photo: Matthew Reeves

Today I got an email from GoFundMe and it was a thank you note from Dave Rempis, who made the GoFundMe page for Mars Williams and is a friend of Mars. Dave sent this note to everyone who had contributed, and here's what he wrote:


"Dear friends,

I wanted to send out a most sincere note of gratitude to all who have supported this gofundme on behalf of Mars Williams. The number of folks who have contributed (almost 800 now!!!) and your generosity, has been truly extraordinary. Since the campaign launched one week ago, we've now reached 80% of the goal!

I saw Mars in person on Friday, and spoke more with him today, and he was beyond moved by the outpouring of support. Flabbergasted is perhaps the best word for it. I know that generosity and love is going to help him fight this disease as hard as he can, and it's also going to help remove one major cause of stress over the next months.

Thank you all again for your kindness and support, and please continue to spread the word! Let's hit that goal!!

All the best,

Dave Rempis"


It was absolutely nice of Dave sending this note to all of us who donated and it made me happy to hear how Mars felt about all this.

To Dave Rempis, if you see this post, I want to say thank you so much for your kind words and for everything you're doing to help Mars. I hope we will hit that goal as soon as possible, and that Mars will get all the help he needs. I hope he's still doing okay.

If this is the first time you heard about this GoFundMe and want to know what it's all about, I shared the link on my previous blog post. We must continue to spread the word and if you are able to help, please donate and share. 

Here's the link to my post that has the page: https://ontomorrowspages.blogspot.com/2023/05/for-mars-williams.html

No comments:

Post a Comment