Wednesday, September 1, 2021

My Thoughts on Evergreen: The Brand New Song



Two days ago The Psychedelic Furs posted on their social media that they were going to announce something important on September 1st, and I got excited and wondered what it would be. Well, today's the big day and The Furs revealed a new song! It is called "Evergreen" and the music was written by former drummer Paul Garisto (with lyrics by Richard Butler). I am currently listening to this song over and over as I write this and... Wow. It is absolutely awesome!! There are three things that entered my mind about the song; the first is that Rich Good's guitar work on "Evergreen" is just beautiful. He's such an incredible guitarist and the way he plays on this song really leaves me in awe, it gives me chills. The second thing is, once again, Richard Butler's vocals are fantastic! I can't believe his vocals sound so good. And the third thing is that Paul Garisto is an amazing composer. On Made Of Rain he composed the songs "Ash Wednesday" and "Turn Your Back On Me" (and also "Don't Believe" along with Tim Butler and Rich Good) and they are brilliant. Paul did a great job writing the music for those songs and "Evergreen". Another thing I want to say about "Evergreen" is that I really, really love the choruses. When The Psychedelic Furs go out on tour this month I wonder if they will play this song.

With me the only little downside is that "Evergreen" is only available as a digital download, and I hope with all my heart that this song will appear on The Furs' upcoming new album in the future. It would be cool if that happens.

This is a great way to start the month of September and thank you to The Psychedelic Furs for this wonderful song. You all did a fantastic job with it!


Update: I heard that "Evergreen" was recorded during the Made Of Rain sessions, so that means Paul Garisto was still in The Furs while the recording happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment