Friday, January 31, 2020

Richard Butler Interview & New Upcoming Post

I would like to start off by saying that today I discovered Richard Butler was interviewed by BBC6 and he talked about the new album and single. The interview was great and it was so nice to hear Richard talk. Here it is if you want to listen to it.




Lately I had been working on a new blog post which is about the 40th anniversary of The Psychedelic Furs' first album and it is all finished. At first I was going to publish it on March 7th (the date when The Psychedelic Furs came out) but I want to post it tomorrow. The reason why is because writing that blog was the most challenging one for me, and I'll tell you what happened during the process.

I began work on the post a week and a half ago because I wanted to have more time to write in case the usual writers block would come. I had trouble when I started but then the inspiration came into my head. I wrote, and wrote, and wrote until I finished the whole thing and I was good to go. But sadly, I did something that I shouldn't have done. I saw an arrow button that was curved to the left and I never used it before (I write my blogs on my mobile device because I don't have a computer at the moment). I clicked on that arrow to see what it would do and then... it deleted the whole thing. All my words, all my work, completely gone. My jaw dropped, and my eyes were wide in total complete shock. I was feeling queasy in my stomach and I kept repeating "What did I do?!" I felt like a big idiot and I didn't want to do it all over again. How could I possibly start writing and think of new words, new sentences? And I felt it wouldn't be as good as before. But then I decided to not give up and moved on. So how did I try the second time? Well, the answer was this: I'm not meaning to show off or anything but I have a really good memory, and the crazy thing was I actually remembered what I had written. I typed out the whole thing and from my perspective, it was 97 to 98 percent accurate of what I wrote before I accidentally deleted it. I still worked on it and changed/removed words and also added some stuff. Finally it got finished and I have to say, it is better than the original draft. Instead of having to wait until March I decided to post it on February 1st. I want to show the heart and hard work I put into that blog post and I can't wait to share with you all. See you tomorrow!


Photo: Simon Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment