Tuesday, October 1, 2019

New Album Update #3

I heard some great updates about The Psychedelic Furs' new album but before I go any further I have disappointing news. On my last post which talked about "Just Like Rain," the new song, someone commented and she said that she found a live stream of the Virginia Beach concert (where "Just Like Rain" was played). She said that the new song was never even played at all, and I was speechless, confused. Why did the setlist say "Just Like Rain" was debuted live, even though it never happened?? I even checked the setlist for The Furs' concert in Manchester, England which happened tonight but there was no "Just Like Rain." The Virginia Beach setlist got my hopes up and I had been tricked all that time. I'm really devastated, but I just want to let you all know about the real results. Hopefully someone will update the Virginia Beach setlist and remove that "new" song.

But to end things on a happy note, let's get right to the new album! The same person who commented on my post said on Twitter she found an article from the UK that talked about The Psychedelic Furs' new album. The article said that The Furs are thinking of doing a second follow up to the new album! I looked for the article on Twitter and sadly I couldn't find it, although I found a different one from Stereogum back in July. It mentioned the new album and it said that The Psychedelic Furs had been signed to a new record label, Cooking Vinyl. I wish I could find that UK article though, because I want to read it so bad.

I'm absolutely excited about the new album, and I wonder if The Psychedelic Furs will really come out with another one! If they are, then that would mean two new albums and more new songs! How exciting is that?!


Update: Here's the link to the UK article. Huge thanks to Gail for finding this. http://nevolume.co.uk/music/interviews/the-psychedelic-furs-o2-academy-newcastle/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah: the magazine posts on Twitter as @nevolume and the link to article posted yesterday. The website is www.nevolume.co.uk/music/interviews should get you there. The article was posted two days ago. Sorry I didn't send sooner. Crazy day. Love your blog. All best, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries at all. :-) I'll go check it out and thank you so much for sending it! Also thank you for supporting my blog, it really means a lot to me.

      Delete