Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Another New Song?*

On the 28th three nights ago The Psychedelic Furs performed their last US show at Virginia Beach, VA and right now they are back in the UK. After when they performed that night I checked out the setlist for that concert. During that time there were only three or four songs and one of them was called "Just Like Rain." I had a feeling the person who updated the list didn't know what "The Ghost In You" was called and so titled it "Just Like Rain" (hence the line in "The Ghost In You" "Ain't it just like rain?"). When I saw the title it made me kind of cringe to be honest.

A day later I looked at the same setlist and it was updated again. It had all of the songs ("The Ghost In You" included) but "Just Like Rain" was on there. I thought maybe someone must have forgotten to remove that title and just left it there. Tonight I checked again and when I looked "Just Like Rain" was still there, but under the title it says in parentheses "live debut."

Can it be...? No way.

I was thrilled, and I couldn't believe The Furs performed another new song! I knew they would, and it makes me excited to think since they performed two new songs the new album will probably be released very soon! I eagerly searched for "Just Like Rain" on YouTube to see if someone recorded the song from the Virginia Beach show and there were only three songs, but sadly no "Just Like Rain." I want to hear it so much. I hope The Furs will perform that song again during their first concert in England which starts tonight over there.

So, "Just Like Rain" wasn't the incorrect title for "The Ghost In You!" It is most likely a brand new song!

Here's the setlist for the Virginia Beach concert. I'll update this post if and when someone uploads the performance of "Just Like Rain" on YouTube. Hopefully from either the UK or European shows. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-psychedelic-furs/2019/31st-street-stage-virginia-beach-va-439c1fbf.html


*Update: Well, about "Just Like Rain" unfortunately it's not a new song after all. I wrote a new post about it and please go to this link to find out more: https://ontomorrowspages.blogspot.com/2019/10/new-album-update-3.html

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah...I saw this too and got very excited but I found a live stream of the virginia beach concert on Twitter and there wasn't a new song...just as you suspected...they just put the wrong title and it hasn't been corrected. But I just read a great article...also found on Twitter that said they are already thinking of ANOTHER album to follow the one coming early next year! If you search under psychedelic furs on Twitter you'll see the link to the article from the UK. Take care, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail! So, there wasn't a new song after all? Why did the setlist say "live debut" for "Just Like Rain?" Aahh so disappointed, but thank you so much for letting me know. I'll update this post or write another one very soon.

      Wait, another new album?!?! That's so freaking awesome!!!! I definitely gotta check that article out! Thank you for telling me! Take care. :-)

      Delete