Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Fall Tour

Two days ago The Psychedelic Furs went back on the road again and I was excited to see what the setlist would be like. Yesterday I saw the setlist for last night's concert in Maryland and it was different. The two songs I got excited seeing were "There's A World" and "Like A Stranger." "There's A World" hadn't been played since 2015, and "Like A Stranger" was last performed back in 2016. I was lucky to hear those songs live when I saw them the first two times. With "There's A World" it's one of my favorite Psychedelic Furs songs of all time and I got excited (also emotional) hearing it. "Like A Stranger" was special and whenever I listen to it it brings back fond memories because during that song Richard Butler shook my hand.

The Furs brought back the new song "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll" and like I said on my concert post it was so awesome hearing it live. I didn't mention this on my post but after "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll" ended Richard Butler said how they're coming out with a new album soon and he commented how 30 years is a long time (since The Furs released World Outside in 1991). When they start their European tour next month I hope they will perform another new song. I am truly excited about the new album and I wonder if by the end of this year there will be some updates on it. Earlier this month Green Day announced they're releasing their new album Father Of All... in February 2020 and it's funny because I'm not excited about it. I mean, it's cool how they're coming out with a new album but I'm more excited about The Psychedelic Furs. Mostly because I'm a huge fan of The Furs but also the thought of them releasing a new LP is very, very exciting. I am so ready for this, and I want 2020 to come already. If I hear more updates about the new PFurs album I will definitely let you all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment