Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New Album Update #2

Yesterday I heard some information about The Psychedelic Furs' new album and this time it wasn't from an article online. On YouTube someone uploaded The Psychedelic Furs' July 12th New York concert in its entirety, and I clicked on it just so I could hear the new song "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll." It was really awesome and I'm thinking of listening to the song a lot just so when I go see The Furs next month it will be familiar to me (if they will perform it). Anyway, after the new song ended Richard Butler thanked the crowd and suddenly he said this:

"We've got a new album coming out next year!"


Next year. No. Way.

After when I heard Richard say that I was absolutely excited and speechless. Honestly I kind of wish it was this year but I'm willing to wait. I feel it's more fitting to release the new album in 2020 because that year will be the 40th anniversary of The Psychedelic Furs' first LP. I'm already looking forward to see what the band will do for their 2020 tour, especially if it will be a tour promoting the new album.

I think this is the first time in my whole life that I had gotten truly excited over a new album. I mean maybe I had with Green Day and a couple bands I used to like, but not as super excited as this. It's a wonderful feeling to know The Psychedelic Furs will be back with new music soon. Also hard to believe how the new album will be the band's first in 29 years. Almost three decades... Wow, that's crazy.

I wonder how the songs on the new album will sound like, and I bet they will be amazing. Can't wait until 2020 comes, and now time to go listen to "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll" again.



No comments:

Post a Comment