Saturday, July 13, 2019

A New Furs Song?

A week ago The Psychedelic Furs started their Summer tour and lately I had been going on Setlist FM to see what songs they played. So far the ones that got me excited were "All Of This And Nothing" and "Sleep Comes Down" and I hope I will hear those two songs when I go see The Furs, especially "All Of This And Nothing." It would be a delight to hear that song.

But there was something that caught my eye and it got me excited. Last night The Psychedelic Furs did a show in New York City and someone updated the setlist for that concert. I looked and one of the songs on the list said "New Song?!?" I was blown away, and it made me wonder if it's a song from the upcoming new album. Or it could either be "Wrong Train" or "Little Miss World," those two songs that The Furs had done live before but hadn't recorded them yet. I'm really hoping it's a new original song, because ever since I heard a little info about The Psychedelic Furs' new album five months ago, it made me super pumped for it. The thought of hearing new PFurs material is very exciting.

Here is the link to the setlist for the New York concert. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-psychedelic-furs/2019/the-rooftop-at-pier-17-new-york-ny-139e89f1.html


7/14/19 Update: Okay just now I looked at the setlist for tonight's show in Maryland and the new song has a name! It's called "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll" and it looks like it might be a new Psychedelic Furs song! https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-psychedelic-furs/2019/the-fillmore-silver-spring-silver-spring-md-6b9ef662.html

I went back to the setlist for the New York concert and the new song's name was added. It said that "The Boy That Invented Rock And Roll" was performed live for the first time ever on that night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah: I saw that too! I live outside NYC and couldn't go to the show on Friday. So disappointed! But I googled the song and there is a You Tube video of that and Heartbreak Beat from either the Philadelphia or Maryland show. All best, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that sucks you didn't get to see them! I totally know how you feel. :-( I'm gonna go on YouTube now to check out the new song. I bet it will be great!

      Delete