Saturday, July 27, 2019

An Amazing Discovery

Yesterday I went out to do some errands with my family and I brought my iPod with me so I could listen to The Psychedelic Furs. But there was something special about that day. It was the third year anniversary of the second Psychedelic Furs concert that I went to, and the feeling of those special memories came to me. I was wearing my Mirror Moves t-shirt which I wore at that concert, and on my iPod I listened to a playlist I had created where it has the songs The Furs performed on that night, and I kind of got emotional when I listened to it, especially during "The Ghost In You."

But while I was listening to "The Ghost In You" there was something in the song that I discovered. My headphones have been acting up lately, and the reason why is because when the headphones are plugged in and if the jack gets turned the sound will go away. Not completely, just a faded sound where you barely hear the music and you couldn't hear the vocals. Whenever that would happen I would turn the jack over and over until the sound comes back. It really gets annoying sometimes.

Anyway, when the second chorus of "The Ghost In You" was playing the jack acted up and so I tried to get the sound back. As the chorus was ending a part of it caught my attention while the sound of the headphones was acting up. After when I listened to the playlist I played "The Ghost In You" again. When the choruses came on I turned the headphone jack to make the sound go away and here is something amazing: I could hear Richard Butler's backing vocals clearly. Not perfectly but enough where you could actually sort of hear the words! It reminded me of the live performances of "The Ghost In You" where at the end of the song Richard would sing the BVs part separately.

Hearing the BVs with the faded sound of my headphones was an awesome discovery. You'll probably think it's not really that exciting but to me it is. I guess there was something good that came out of the messed up headphone jack after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment