Thursday, May 23, 2024

Gavin Rossdale on The Psychedelic Furs


On the website Consequence Gavin Rossdale, the frontman of the post grunge band Bush, was chosen to list his 10 favorite albums by British artists and the interesting thing is that The Psychedelic Furs' first album was included! Here's what Gavin had to say about the debut:


"Well, I had to include that because that first record, Psychedelic Furs, was one of the first albums I had as a kid. It's one of those records that I know backwards, start to finish. I don't talk about Richard Butler enough, because I think he's one of my favorite singers. Really, just an amazing band. It's one of those brilliant records where, and it's true with all of these records, I put them on and they just take me to a better place, you know what I mean? Just transports me — and that's when music beats life, and it helps you against all the struggles that we're forced to endure. So just an amazing record, an amazing band.

"And [Richard Butler's] a really good artist as well. He's a painter. I had a chance to buy one of his paintings. I was in New York a few years ago, and I dunno why I didn't get it. I'm really, like, dumb. He's excellent. I gotta find one."


And Gavin talked about his favorite song on the album, which is "Sister Europe":


"That big song in there for me was 'Sister Europe.' I grew up with my sister, and so having a song about the 'sister of mine' and all part of the scene that we're in and the young punks and the kind of cool things that were happening in London… I have deep memories for that band."

No comments:

Post a Comment