Saturday, June 18, 2022

Green Day Inspired by President Gas?



I had been wanting to talk about this but recently I was listening to Green Day's song "Holiday" from the American Idiot album, and in the lyrics it mentioned a "President Gasman." It totally made me think of The Psychedelic Furs' "President Gas", and I don't know if I'm right or wrong with this, but I wonder if "Holiday" was inspired by The Furs song? I mean, Green Day has got to be influenced by The Psychedelic Furs in some way, especially since they covered "Pretty In Pink" four years ago when they performed as their other band The Coverups.

I wish I can ask Green Day that question on their Twitter or Instagram but unfortunately I have a feeling they wouldn't respond to it. The thought is very interesting to me and if there are any of you who love both The Psychedelic Furs and Green Day, do you think the same thing too?

Edit: A long time ago on YouTube I watched a Psychedelic Furs video (I can't remember if it was a interview or a live performance) and in the comments for that particular video someone said that Green Day and the song "Holiday" were influenced by "President Gas". Maybe it's true?

No comments:

Post a Comment