Sunday, January 30, 2022

Behind the Songs: Stars

A few quotes from The Psychedelic Furs on the song "Stars."


Interviewer: "'Stars' tapes into nature, the great outdoors."

Richard Butler: "Yes. I was raised in the countryside, very aware of all these things. And I still am. My home was an hour southeast of London, so it was deep in the countryside. And I suppose that being chased by a bull once was the scariest thing I ever experienced there." (Spin 2020)


Tim Butler: "I particularly like the guitar sound and the solo on the song. I forget which effects [Rich Good] used. It's a really rare guitar effect that he guards with his life." (Cleveland Scene 2022) [The guitar solo was actually played by producer Richard Fortus.]


Rich Good (on one of the pedals he used during the Made Of Rain tour rehearsals): "I recently got an Elta PLL to play a solo part at the end of 'Stars'  – it was originally played by Richard (Fortus) using a Schumann PLL, but those are extremely costly and rare, so for the 1 minute part in the set I just got the Elta, which is very close-sounding. In rehearsal it sounded incredible, but then the song was dropped from the final set list." (Pedal Of The Day 2022)





No comments:

Post a Comment