Friday, March 13, 2020

My Thoughts on You'll Be Mine

Earlier this morning I got to listen to one of the new songs from Made Of Rain called "You'll Be Mine" but before I go any further I would like to say something which has been on my mind recently...

With so many bands and singers cancelling/rescheduling their concerts due to You-Know-What (I refuse to say its name) it makes me worried and concerned about The Psychedelic Furs and the Made Of Rain tour. The Furs are going to start their tour in the eastern part of the USA earlier next month and I wonder if those dates, along with the Cruel World festival and Royal Albert Hall in England, will be cancelled or rescheduled. I also wonder if the same thing will happen to the Summer tour dates (So far I heard the band's going to Milwaukee, Wisconsin on July 5th). It's really disheartening that You-Know-What has to barge in while The Psychedelic Furs are preparing to tour for their first new album in three decades. I hope things will get better in the end but most importantly I hope the band members are safe and doing okay. Their health is the only thing that matters.


Now then, let's get right to the main topic of this blog post, "You'll Be Mine"! After when "Don't Believe" was released I wondered if another track would come out sometime soon, and I felt it would either be "The Boy That Invented Rock & Roll" or "Wrong Train." Well, at about 5:40 in the morning a video was posted on Twitter and to my unexpected surprise and excitement, it was the second new song called "You'll Be Mine." I have to say, I think this song is my favorite so far, and it is just fantastic, beautiful, and absolutely amazing. The musical arrangements are gorgeous and Richard Butler's voice... Wow!!! I am again blown away by how strong, smooth, and powerful his vocals are, and the awesome thing is Richard still sounds the same after all these years! I could go on and on about his voice, he's just so incredible.

While I repeatedly listened to "You'll Be Mine" I felt like the music was giving me hope and this is what we need during these difficult times. I'm so excited about Made Of Rain and I totally can't wait to hear the rest of the songs.



"When the new black is white
And the new low's a high
Like a lesson learned in time
You'll be mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment