Wednesday, October 18, 2023

An Unexpected Miracle

While I was working on the last hour of my shift on Monday morning, something unexpected happened.

I mentioned this on one of my posts on my Green Day blog, but I work at a Walmart and they have their own radio station which they would play 24/7. They would play some songs I like, but most of the time they would play songs I'm not into. On the post from my Green Day blog, I wrote that they played two songs from American Idiot even though they weren't singles.

Anyway, on that particular morning they played a song which made my jaw drop.

The song they played was The Psychedelic Furs' "The Ghost In You"!!!!

I was really surprised and excited because they never play The Furs' music. I was thinking maybe they played "The Ghost In You" because it's the month of Halloween and it mentions the word "ghost" in the title and choruses. Or maybe not, but it was a delight hearing that song!

A thought occured to me which made me depressed thinking about it, since all my coworkers heard "The Ghost In You" playing, they probably don't know who The Psychedelic Furs are and don't know this beautiful song. Sigh.....




No comments:

Post a Comment