Sunday, March 19, 2023

PFurs News

On this short but sweet post I like to discuss a few updates with The Psychedelic Furs that had happened so far for 2023.

The first is at the end of January The Furs announced the first leg of the 2023 tour which will start this April, and I can't wait to see what they will do for the Summer tour. I hope there will be a chance I will see The Furs again, and it's hard to believe it's been four years since I saw them live.

The second update is that Richard Butler was invited to serve as the guest of honor at the 2023 Malloy Lecture in the Arts and it will take place at the Westport Library in Westport, Connecticut. It was supposed to happen on February 28th, but due to weather conditions during that week, it got postponed til April.

And finally the third update is very interesting, because Richard wrote four songs with Martin Gore for Depeche Mode's upcoming new album Memento Mori. The songs are "Ghosts Again", "Don't Say You Love Me", "My Favourite Stranger", and "Caroline's Monkey". I find it funny that the name Caroline was mentioned again, and I like to think that she's the same protagonist from "Pretty In Pink". It makes me wonder if Richard and Martin had written other songs that didn't make it on Memento Mori, and if they had, it would be cool if those songs appear on The Psychedelic Furs' new album in the future. Or even cooler, if The Furs did their own cover versions of the four songs!

As of today I haven't found any new interviews and I've been hurting for more of them because I want to update my page about the song and album quotes. Hopefully there will be new interviews soon, especially since The Furs are going out on tour.


Photo: Henry Diltz


No comments:

Post a Comment